2 Şubat 2012 Perşembe

Holes- Analysis


I’ve finished ‘Holes’ today and would like to analyze it shortly. First of all, analysis was the most hard part of our homework and I’m glad that it has finished. At the beginning of the book I thought that it was not a children’s book as we know. Well, I changed my mind and now I think ‘Holes’ is a children’s book, but at least not boring and simple like the others.

There is a story in the book connected with the real story. We experience it via flashbacks. And it makes the real story more interesting.

As main themes it can be said; friendship, family, love and greed.

I’ve read some questions about Holes and the corresponding answers of the author from the author’s personal web page. 

After reading his answers I figured out the reason why he took this topic in hand. Sachar's intention was to tell people how hot Texas is, and also that the workers have a lot of difficulties with that. I can say that he succeeds in giving his aim to readers. And I think there are some arguments of his aim in the book. It is often mentioned that the Camp Green Lake is so hot. Besides, the book starts with a talk about the Camp Green Lake.

(224 words)

PS: When I found out that we have a blog-assignment, I wasn't happy at all. But now I agree with Mr."Sir". :) I had fun and if we had an another boring assignment, it would make our holiday trouble. Well, I've finished my assignment and good luck to my friends!




5 yorum:

  1. Come on,Serdar!I can accept "youth book" for Holes but it is not a children's book.Why do you think so??
    By the way,who is "she"? Louise Sachar is male:D

    YanıtlaSil
  2. I agree with you!This is a children's book. :) but ı think we cannot say that greed is one of the main themes.

    YanıtlaSil
  3. It's also good that you searched for the author and found out his aims by writing this book, heat of Texas and workers' complains etc. I really liked your blog Serdar.:)

    YanıtlaSil
  4. Oops. Sorry about that. I really don't know why I thought he was a she. By the way, thank you all for the comments. :)

    YanıtlaSil
  5. Serdar, I really liked your blog:)Your entries and the pictures in your blog look very interesting and I must say that I agree with Beste.I think Holes is not a children's book at all. :)

    YanıtlaSil