31 Ocak 2012 Salı

Holes-It’s not a children’s book, really (First Impressions)


Hello everybody!  I’ve joined in blogger.com and I would like to talk about my assignment ,“Holes”, written by Louis Sachar. Before reading the book, I couldn’t figure out the reason why we have to read this book-it was a children’s book , in addition to that I’ve thought it was one of “our boring obligatory books”. But I was wrong.  In fact, everybody should read it and can enjoy it.




If you ask me what’s going on in the book, I can tell you that it’s about a convicted teenager, “Stanley Yelnats”  and has been sent to a Camp Green ‘Lake’ as infliction. And that’s where the real story begins.  


I read till 24th chapter and found out that the authoress missed one point. She didn’t tell why the Green Lake dried up. Maybe she’ll tell about it.
I liked the part most, where the bad luck of Stanley was mentioned. 

“He’d just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was all because of his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather.” (p.11)

An advice to my friends: you don’t need a dictionary, Explanations of the difficult words are given at the end of the page; the language of the book is simple-not like Schachnovelle.


Here is the trailer of the movie, I suggest you to take look at it.

(225 words)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder